Senator Bob Menendez a Democrat from New Jersey is facing fresh charges on Thursday. These charges accuse him of accepting bribes from a foreign government and conspiring to act as a foreign agent as per a superseding indictment.
The new indictment filed by a federal grand jury in Manhattan alleges that he “provided sensitive U.S. Government information and took other actions that covertly assisted the Government of Egypt.”
Last month Menendez and his wife Nadine entered a plea of not guilty to corruption charges. These charges accuse them of using his influence to unlawfully gain hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes.
Senator Bob Menendez wiki
- Full Name: Robert Menendez
- Birth Date: January 1, 1954
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Political Party: Democratic Party
- Current Position: United States Senator from New Jersey
- Senate Term: 2006-present
- Predecessor: Jon Corzine
- Education of Senator Bob Menendez:
- B.A. in Political Science from St. Peter’s University
- J.D. from Rutgers Law School
- Career Highlights:
- U.S. House of Representatives, representing New Jersey’s 13th congressional district (1993-2006)
- Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Member of the Senate Finance Committee
- Member of the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee
- Advocate for immigration reform, healthcare, and environmental issues
- Legal Issues: Faced federal corruption charges in 2015 but was acquitted in a mistrial; the charges were dropped in 2018.
Why is Bob Menendez famous?
He has gained a national reputation for his leadership on international matters in the Senate and this aligns with his long standing image as an advocate for the well being of New Jersey families. He prioritizes their healthcare economic security and education over the influence of powerful special interests.
Who is Senator Menendez wife?
How old is Bob Menendez?
69 years old
What is Senator Menendez accused of?
Senator Menendez is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit bribery with a maximum sentence of five years in prison. He also faces one count of conspiracy to commit honest services fraud with a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.